In modern interior design, there are a huge number of different styles, trends and trends. Each interior style is good and unique in its own way, of course, if it is created in accordance with all the rules and is sustained within the framework of its concept.
However, styles emerge, reach the peak of popularity, and then become obsolete. Of course, first of all, you should not blindly follow fashion trends, but choose what you really like and are close in spirit.
For those who want to be out of time and fashion, the classic interior style is ideal. After all, this direction over the years is only becoming nobler and in demand. Furniture and accessories, most often, can be used both in place and separately, and even introduced into interiors of a different style.
Especially if the owner decided to really seriously invest in repairs, both financially and conceptually. Investing in the classics, it is impossible to make a mistake, because both the project in its entirety and its details will always remain stylish and relevant.
The main features of the classical style
The style was formed in the era of palace luxury, in the 16–19 centuries. Modern classics have become more restrained, more practical, but retained their inherent charm and elegance.
The main features include:
- Natural finishing materials
- Floor covering made of precious woods (mainly parquet), stone tiles (more often marble)
- The presence of stucco on the ceiling, cornices, doorways and other elements
- Walls painted with neutral matt paint, finished with decorative plaster, fabric or silk wallpaper.
- Restrained basic colors: pastel shades, natural tones, the addition of gilding is acceptable, but moderately
- Color accents in deep burgundy, blue or emerald tones.
- Symmetry. An important aspect of the classical style. The room should have a center: a large sofa, a dining table, a bed, and so on, around which other furniture and all accessories are symmetrically placed.
- Lighting traditionally has the main source — a richly decorated chandelier in the center and symmetrically located additional light sources (floor lamps, lamps, sconces, candles, etc.)
Classic style furniture
Furniture in this direction is given a special place. In classical style, the furniture is a work of art. Furniture for the design of such an interior can not be inexpensive. It is always luxury and nobility, necessarily natural materials: noble woods, genuine leather, high-quality fabrics, metal and stone details. Examples of luxury furniture suitable for classic interior design can be found here: https://roombe.ru/products/mebel/myagkaya-mebel/
Antique pieces of furniture and accessories also fit in perfectly, they make the space even more unique and sophisticated.
Obviously, creating an interior in a classic style is hard work and significant financial investment. However, these expenses are very justified, because over the years the style will still remain relevant, and antique furniture will only increase in price.