There are many ways to turn your cottage into a fairy tale. Modern garden decor is produced both with various crafts and with the help of exclusive plants that can impress others. The main thing is that this process is very exciting and makes you fantasize, makes it possible to implement unusual solutions, awakening hidden potential in a person.
Garden decor items
- Wood garden decor. In this section, we decided to mention not living flowering plants, but, it would seem, already used material in the form of trunks and stumps, which most often goes into the furnace. It turns out that unusually shaped branches or snags are quite well suited for decoration. It is worth a little conjuration over them, cutting something, treating it with paint, varnish or stain, and soon an original sculpture appears on your site that can surprise your neighbors.
- Stone garden decor. Natural granite, marble or sandstone is now a material not available to everyone, especially if there is no working quarry or deposit nearby. But even a few small blocks can be used with imagination, creating an unusual composition. If funds do not constrain you, then it is generally easy to make fairy-tale castles or an unusual landscape in the style of Narnia or The Lord of the Rings from stone.
- Garden bottle decor. Our craftsmen have been using PVC bottles for a long time to decorate the site and to decorate paths in the garden. There are a lot of ideas on how to turn a simple plastic container into an unusual decoration. For example, blue or blue bottoms lined up in a row can create the illusion of a water surface, and bright caps are suitable as petals of a magical plant. Often, simple flower pots are made from them, creating unusual flower beds, or figures of various animals.
- Decor in the form of a figurine for the garden. Such decorations, especially in vintage style, have always been popular with summer residents. If you do not have special talents or are a busy person, then buying ready-made figurines in the store is not a problem. But you can make the original decor of the garden from improvised materials, using a used tire or any suitable snag to create a windmill, goblin, gnome, crocodile or other creature.
- Decor in the form of bright and unusual plants for the garden. For summer cottages, both evergreens and deciduous shrubs and trees are suitable. Some will please the hosts with a decorative view in the warm season, others will add unusual colors to the landscape in winter. Of course, climatic features and soil composition should be taken into account. By the way, it is not necessary to purchase expensive exotics — plants that grow in our area, after the original trimming, are also able to effectively decorate the garden.